Student participating on Weatherford College sports teams should download the forms prior to going for their required physical and return the completed forms to the Weatherford College Athletic Trainer.
The above forms are required for students participating on Weatherford College sports teams.
Student Athletic Training Program
- Weatherford College offers a unique opportunity to gain valuable hands-on sports medicine experience from certified athletic trainers
What is an Athletic Trainer?
- Certified Athletic Trainers are medical experts in preventing, recognizing, managing, and rehabilitating injuries that occur during physical activity.
- Athletic Trainers work under the direction of a licensed physician and in cooperation with other healthcare professionals, athletic administrators, coaches, and parents.
- Athletic Trainers get to know all of the athletes which enables them to treat injuries more effectively in most cases.
Begin your sports medicine journey here
- We offer classes such as Prevention and care of athletic injuries
- Gain useful knowledge and skills as a Sports Medicine Student that will further you in beginning a career in any sports medicine field
- Learn while working with WC athletes
- As a student athletic trainer, you will have the chance to learn techniques and practices used by sports medicine professionals including:
- First Aid
- Taping / Bandaging
- Injury Management
- Injury Prevention
- As well as assist with the coverage of WC athletic events including:
For more information on the program or how to become a part of the team please contact
Ryleigh Hyles MSAT, LAT, ATC | Rhyles@wc.edu – 817-598-8952
Chris Nelson MS, LAT, ATC | Cnelson@wc.edu – 817-598-8830